Introduction: The IEEE Smart Buildings and Customer Systems Subcommittee is under the IEEE PES Smart Buildings – Loads – Customer Systems (SBLC) Technical Committee.
This subcommittee invites industry experts, researchers, energy customers, and students in both power and building engineering involving IoT technology, electrification, advanced sensor, communication, control and system integration, grid-interactive efficient buildings, connected communities and microgrids , social-economics, and related disciplines to join us.
Scope: The Smart Buildings and Customer Systems Subcommittee focuses on the drivers, objectives, theories and technologies, standards, and policies related to the design, development, deployment, and control of smart buildings, and customer systems in the energy industry.
The areas of interest include but not limited to
- Grid-interactive efficient buildings
- Connected communities and microgrids
- Electrification of smart buildings and customer systems
- Advanced building monitoring, control, and energy management
- On-premise energy systems
- Internet-of-things technologies for smart home and buildings
- Energy, Emissions and Equity (E3)
- Energy access, affordability, and resilience
- Demand flexibility and management, and impact of social-economics
- Education of building owners and energy customers on new energy strategies
Join us: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or register at Registration Form to be added to our membership list.
Our coming annual subcommittee meeting will be 11am – 12 pm (US EST) on July 15th, 2021. Please feel free to join our virtual zoom meeting via the link below.
Please send us an email if you have difficulty joining the meeting.
News and Updates
Chair, Linquan Bai, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Vice Chair, Steve Pullins, AlphaStruxure
Secretary, Can Huang, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Secretary, Yi Wang, ETH Zurich